East Silver Market & Jihlava IDFF / Entry form
ENTRY FORM FOR:
• EAST SILVER MARKET 2015
• JIHLAVA IDFF 2015 (only for films from Central and Eastern Europe; for films of different origin please use the entry form here)
- All films submitted via this entry form are automatically considered for Jihlava IDFF programme as well as for East Silver Market.
- To submit your film, please fill in the following entry form and send 2 DVDs (in case the link is not included in the application form) to: Institute of Documentary Film / East Silver, Stepanska 14, Prague 1, 110 00, Czech Republic.
- The submission is free of charge.
- Once you are ready to proceed, click the button below to access the application.
- Guidelines and Regulations for the Jihlava IDFF can be found below.
- NOTE: This form may take up to 30 minutes and your session cannot be saved or refreshed if you leave and return later.
Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival
The Jihlava IDFF is a celebration of creative documentary film and the greatest event of its kind in Central and Eastern Europe. We conceive documentary films primarily as unique artworks dealing with significant themes. To us, the festival represents an artefact inspiring a playful reflection of the world from various perspectives. We do not follow common festival models, nor do we have a routine, pragmatic approach to program selection. Jihlava pays tribute to courage and risk.
October 27 – November 1, 2015, Jihlava, Czech Republic
East Silver is specialized documentary film market focused on region of Central and Eastern Europe. Its aim is to promote and support documentary cinema from the area and provide a networking platform for filmmakers, producers and sales agents, distributors, festival and TV representatives.
East Silver is open for industry professionals twice a year:
- - 12th edition of the East Silver Market (Oct 27 – Nov 1, 2015, Jihlava IDFF, Czech Republic)
- - East Silver Video Library (March 2016, East Doc Platform, Prague, Czech Republic)
JIDFF submission guidelines
- Submit a completed Entry Form.
- Provide 1 DVD copy or an online link with the film preview. If you are also submitting your film to the East Silver Market, please provide 2 DVDs.
- Your film must be produced in September 2014 or later.
- Deadline for films produced from September 2014 to December 2014: April 30, 2015.
- Deadline for films produced in 2015: June 30, 2015.
- You can also submit a rough cut of your film by July 31, 2015.
- Please send your preview DVD to: Institute of Documentary Film, Stepanska 14, 110 00, Prague, Czech Republic (please note on the envelope: "NO COMMERCIAL VALUE, FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY").
- Due to a large number of submissions, we are not able to return the preview DVDs.
- By submitting this material you agree with Jihlava IDFF's submission guidelines and, unless agreed otherwise, also with the inclusion of the submitted title into the on-site video library of the Documentary Film Center for study purposes and into the Jihlava IDFF's documentary film archive for the purposes of registration and archiving, and for potential use exclusively for non-commercial purposes.
- If the preview of your entire film is available online, you do not need to send us your DVD. In that case, please provide the internet address and the password to access your film in the field “Link to your film” in the submission form. Due to a large number of submitted films we do not accept any downloadable links (like Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.).
- The online preview of your film has to be accessible without any limitation until September 30, 2015. If you change the link or the password, you have to inform us at email@example.com otherwise we cannot guarantee that we will be able to consider your submission properly.
- Please keep Jihlava IDFF informed of any address/phone or email changes.
- You will be notified with the decision in the upcoming weeks, at the latest by September 30, 2015.
- You will receive regular festival updates in our monthly newsletter.
JIDFF Screening and shipping requirements
- The screening copy of the film must be in English, German, French or Russian or in the original version with subtitles in one of these languages. The dialogue list is required, English subtitles are preferred.
- The Submitter (director, producer, distributor, etc.) acknowledges that the screening copy of the film must be delivered to the address of Jihlava IDFF, Jana Masaryka 16, 586 01, Czech Republic no later than by October 10, 2015, unless agreed otherwise. IF THE COPY IS NOT SUPPLIED IN TIME, JIHLAVA IDFF SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TECHNICAL QUALITY OF THE SCREENING AND ITS SMOOTH COMPLETION.
- Jihlava IDFF pays for one way only, unless agreed otherwise.
- Jihlava IDFF will return the screening copy within 4 weeks after the end of the festival and recipients will get a dispatch notice, unless agreed otherwise.
- The festival will contact you about the details concerning shipment.
- Prints / tapes are insured as long as they are in the festival's possession.
- Promotional leaflets, posters, etc. are welcome. All items must be received by October 10, 2015.
- The festival has a right to use shots of the film up to 3 minutes long and photos connected with the screened film for promotional purposes.
Doc Alliance Films submission guidelines
- You can submit your film also to Doc Alliance Films – the festival portal for online distribution of documentary and experimental films. More info at www.DAFilms.com
East Silver Submission Guidelines and Regulations 2015
• East Silver 2015 takes place in Jihlava, Czech Republic, October 27 – November 1, 2015.
12th East Silver Market at 19th Jihlava IDFF, Jihlava: June 30, 2015
• East Silver Documentary Market is open to filmmakers from Central and Eastern Europe. When selecting films, organizers will concentrate equally on both artistic merit and exceptional content. The market accepts documentary films longer than 15 minutes.
• Applying to East Silver is only possible through East Silver entry form. Each documentary submitted to East Silver will be a subject to further selection. Submitted titles will be passed to 19th Jihlava International documentary Film Festival (www.dokument-festival.com) program pre-selection. Only documentaries completed after January 1, 2014 produced or coproduced in Central and Eastern Europe with English dialogue / English subtitled or English voice-over, and were not previously submitted to East Silver market are eligible for the East Silver 2015 edition.
• Completed Entry form must be submitted online via http://www.eastsilver.net/en/east-silver/entry-form/ before the deadline with 2 preview DVDs (in case you didn't include online link in the application), press kit with film stills (in print quality) and trailer delivered to the East Silver office at: Institute of Documentary Film, Attn: East Silver, Stepanska 14, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
• Entry form data from all submitted films are processed and included in the East Silver database at www.eastsilver.net and www.dokweb.net. Please fill in precise information to avoid mistakes in the database and catalogue. Please note, that preview DVDs cannot be returned to producers.
• Submission is free of charge.
About East Silver
East Silver market consists of a digital library with 35 computer booths, printed catalogue which is also available online at www.eastsilver.net and East Silver Streaming - videolibrary accessible online during the year.
East Silver is open for industry professionals twice a year. The 12th edition of the East Silver Market will take place at the 19th Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival in October 2015, Jihlava, Czech Republic. The East Silver Videolibrary will take place at the East Doc Platform organized by the Institute of Documentary film in association with the One World International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival in March 2016 in Prague.
East Silver Market Library access
East Silver library is open primarily to invited international industry professionals (TV buyers, programmers of film festivals, representatives of international film funds, sales agents, and distributors) looking for new films. Each visitor will receive a catalogue.
East Silver catalogue (issued once a year, in October) includes all selected titles of the market edition and is available to professionals attending the market.
Silver Eye Award
All titles included in the East Silver 2015 are eligible for the Silver Eye 2015 nominations. Selection committee nominates 12 titles in each category (Short-length, Mid-length, Feature-length documentary). Silver Eye jury will consist of 9 international industry professionals who will select the winners in each category. The winners of Silver Eye 2015 in each category will be announced at the closing ceremony of the 19th Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival on October 31, 2015, Czech Republic. Winners will receive prize money of 1 500 € (per 1 title in each category).
East Silver online streaming
All titles have the opportunity to be included in the secure streaming system developed and grant access to their films to international professionals. Titles will be included in the system for the period of 2 years. Protected by password, the easy-to-navigate interface of the online streaming area is similar to the interface of our searchable market library database and allows the users to communicate with producers. It is also displayed to producers who viewed their title(s). The streaming database is available to selected industry professionals who attended the market 2015 in person and to the international festival selectors.
East Silver accreditation is valid for the East Silver Market, festival program screenings and all open industry events and is free for producers/directors who have their title(s) included in the East Silver Market 2015.
Terms & Conditions
EAST SILVER NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT, made as of the valid submission period from 1st of March 2015 to 1st of November 2015 by and between
Company submitting film to EAST SILVER project.
EAST SILVER, a project duly organized and validly existing under the laws of the Czech Republic, having the address of Stepanska 14, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
WHEREAS, LICENSOR is the owner or controller of the original audio-visual documentary film submitted to East Silver, (the “Program”) and has the right to grant to LICENSEE such licenses and rights to use and exploit the Program in the manner contemplated herein below.
WHEREAS, LICENSEE, under a support from European Union, is establishing a collection of documentary films (“video library”) under project name “EAST SILVER” and selects annually a collection of documentary films under the name EAST SILVER CARAVAN to be shown at international film festivals worldwide in a given year.
WHEREAS, LICENSOR wishes to license the Program to LICENSEE and deposit the SubMaster in the Licensee´s video library for the purposes outlined below and LICENSEE wishes to license the Program from LICENSOR, in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. NOW, THEREFORE, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Definitions: For the purposes of this Agreement, the following words have the following meanings:
(a) “Program”: The term “Program” shall mean the final version of the fully edited,
(b) mixed and finished audio-visual documentary film identified above .
(c) “SubMaster(s)”: The term “SubMaster(s)” shall mean the specific recording(s)
(d) of the Program supplied to LICENSEE by LICENSOR on loan, whether on magnetic tape,
(e) disk, digital format or any other substance or material that is used in the manufacture of the
(g) “Territory”: The term “Territory” shall mean the Universe.
(h) “Effective Date”: The term “Effective Date” shall mean the date first set
(i) forth above that, upon execution of this Agreement by both parties, shall be the effective
(j) date of this Agreement.
(k) “Delivery” shall mean the actual receipt by LICENSEE of SubMaster(s) of the
(l) Program, technically and commercially satisfactory to LICENSEE and such further
(m) documentation required herein below or requested by LICENSEE.
Submitting to the East Silver market is FREE OF CHARGE.
2. Grant of Rights:
LICENSOR hereby grants to LICENSEE the non-exclusive right, during the Term of this Agreement:
a) to include the Program into a video library – collection of documentary films under the name of EAST SILVER to be created as database of films in DVD and mp4 formats and to advertise, exploit, and enable individual access to this collection to industry attendants, viewers, distributors, sales agents during the East Silver market event held Oct 27 – Nov 1, 2015 in Jihlava, Czech Republic, and March 7 –13, 2016 in Praha, Czech Republic and in addition make the Program available only to selected industry professionals via password protected online streaming platform at www.eastsilver.net/stream accessible from all the Territory.
b) to select, at Licensee´s discretion, the program into the collection of documentary films under the name EAST SILVER CARAVAN and to publicly show the Program as part of the collection at international film festivals and for inclusion of the collection into video libraries of such foreign festivals
c) to include the Program into video library of East Silver, and Institute of Documentary Film civic association with its seat at Stepanska 14, 110 00, Praha 1 Czech Republic, solely for the purposes of non-commercial use – for personal viewing by students, teachers and film professionals including potential distributors, programme acquisition managers, sales agents, to use the specified program in order to include it in the database of East European documentary films as a non-commercial scientific-educational project supporting East European documentary filmmaking, created under the auspices of the Institute of Documentary Film (IDF) to serve the licensee’s needs and to the exploitation of the program(s) (and to the sublicensing to third parties for these purposes) by presenting them publicly to students, journalists, film industry representatives, festival programmers, representatives of professional associations and television archives; and by presenting them publicly during non-commercial events supporting and promoting East European documentary filmmaking, without numerical limits to the license, for non-limited period,
d) to rent the film out to students of film schools and to the interested lay public. Each rental will be documented, including the rental period. The renting person will be notified that the copyright belongs to the producer(s) without whose permission it is impossible to use the film in any public way,
In addition, this grant of rights shall include the following rights:
(I) to convert the Program into specific digital format used for East Silver Video on Demand (VOD) digital library.
(II) to make copies of the Program in DVD format for the purposes of creation of database of films (video library, EAST SILVER CARAVAN)
(III) to insert LICENSEE’s and project´s name, logo and distribution credits at the front or end of the Program and on any packaging or advertising of the Program, in LICENSEE’s sole discretion;
(IV) to combine and/or package the Program with other video and/or audio programs or other products, not subject to this Agreement;
(V) in connection with the advertising, promotion and exploitation of the project EAST SILVER, LICENSEE shall have the right to use the names, images, likeness and voices of all persons and characters appearing in the Program and the directors and producers of same;
(VI) to store or permit other film festivals and IDF to store a copy of the Program in their libraries for non-commercial purposes
(VII) to use the Program, in whole or in part, for purposes of advertising and promoting the project EAST SILVER
2.1 It is expressly understood that any commercial exploitation of the Program is excluded from the scope of the rights granted hereunder and shall be subject to a separate agreement between Licensor and the third party, interested in such commercial exploitation.
The term of this Agreement will commence upon the Effective Date and will continue for an initial period (“Initial Period”) of 5 (five) years from the acceptance of this agreement by LICENSOR, unless terminated earlier as provided herein (the “Term”).
4. Submission of Programs and Materials
LICENSOR shall, at its own expense, submit to LICENSEE by no later than 14 days after completing of the submission form, the materials and information listed in Exhibit A and incorporated herein, which must be technically and content acceptable to LICENSEE. For each Master provided by LICENSOR which is evaluated and determined to be technically unsatisfactory for DVD replication by LICENSEE, LICENSOR agrees to substitute a quality replacement material if available.
5. Credits and Copyrights
LICENSOR retains all copyright and other proprietary rights to the finished Program. Nothing herein will be construed to transfer any of said rights to LICENSEE.
(a) Each party hereby represents and warrants to the other that it has the full right, power and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement and to grant to the other, all of the rights herein set forth, free and clear of any and all claims, rights and obligations whatsoever.
(b) LICENSOR further warrants and represents that:
(I) all rights granted to LICENSEE are and will be free and clear of any restrictions of every kind and LICENSEE may exercise them without payment of any kind to any third party, except as expressly agreed to by LICENSEE under this Agreement
(II) it is and will continue to be the owner or licensee of all rights which it supplies to LICENSEE hereunder, throughout the Territory and throughout the Term;
7. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Czech Republic.
8. Independent Contractor Relationship
The relationship between LICENSEE and LICENSOR hereunder shall at all times be that of independent contractors and nothing contained herein shall render or constitute the parties joint ventures, partners or agents of each other. Neither LICENSEE nor LICENSOR shall hold itself out to third parties other than as set forth herein. Except as expressly provided hereunder, LICENSEE shall not have the right to execute any contract, or incur any obligation for which LICENSOR may be liable, or otherwise bind LICENSEE, and LICENSEE shall not be liable for any representation, act or commission of LICENSOR.
This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which will be deemed an original and all of which together will constitute one and the same instrument. Any changes of this agreement shall be valid only if made in writing and agreed by the parties IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement as of the valid submitting period first above written.
To the Agreement from valid submission period (March 2015 - November 2016)
In accordance with the attached Agreement, LICENSOR shall deliver the following materials to LICENSEE:
1. A color master(s), English subtitled/English voice-over of each Program in technically acceptable condition for DVD.
2. Authorized trailer(s), English subtitled/English voice-over of each Program.
3. Film photos (in digital format),film credits and synopses
The materials submitted cannot be returned to LICENSOR.